Tuesday, February 12, 2008

World's Finest Comics #38 and Batman Comics #3: Now that's what I call a Team-Up!


I don’t have many genuine US Golden Age superhero comics. Even my collection of Australian Golden Age comics is minimal, the overwhelming majority being Silver Age comics.

So how ironic it is that one of the very few US issues that I do own is not only missing half the cover, but the missing portion happens to be a perfect match for one of the very few Australian Batman issues I own from the 1950's. And I don’t even have to erase the Superman figure on the Australian issue to make it fit!

I spotted this issue of World’s Finest and didn’t have too much time to think before committing to it, but I knew I wouldn’t have to go too far to complete the cover. Talk about striking while the irony is hot!

No comments: