Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Planet Series 2 No. 8: Love Diary


This is one of the harder-to-find one-shots to be published as a Planet Series issue.

Well, it’s the only copy I’ve seen to date, and I’ve had my eyes peeled for these for a few years now.

Not that I expect there to be any great demand for it. It’s basically just Charlton reprints.

Possibly the most noteworthy feature is that it includes Jim Aparo art with zipatone, which is always nice to find (I spotted some in a Western comic recently too, which I must remember to blog).

I also note that the cover is based on the splash page of the first story, which is kind of expected from K.G. Murray comics of this ilk, but the surprise is that this also happens to be the cover and splash page of the U.S Charlton edition too.

Actually, given it's Charlton, maybe that’s not so surprising after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I had one Aussie romance comic whose name escapes me, that acctually had Charlton reprints of some Garcia Lopez stuff so they would be worth a hunt. I'll have to find that book.