Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Invaders: The complete Yaffa cover gallery

Here's a cover gallery of my collection of Yaffa/Page Publications' The Invaders:

 #1, c. November 1977

 #2, c. January 1978

 #3, 1979 

 #4, c. August 1980

 #5, c. March 1981

 #6, c. May 1981

#NN, c. May 1982

The first four issues are regular/magazine-sized editions, and the last three are digest-sized editions.

I believe this is the complete run of this series. However, I am mindful that the digest-sized issues #'s 5 and 6 are 'short' editions, and a series such as this, with many more issues ostensibly in the can to be published, generally had one or two 'long' digest editions published before the recycling began. So, like my Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man cover gallery, I'll call it complete until another issue turns up.

The dates noted above are approximations based on my information to hand. I have a mental asterisk next to a couple of them pending future evidence that will hopefully be forthcoming.

Update: I can confirm there is a 7th issue in this series.
https://notesfromthejunkyard.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/the-invaders-7-yaffa-edition.html

No comments: