Thursday, October 17, 2024

Joker #10

Joker #10 is a digest-sized Page Publications issue with a cover signed by Keith Chatto:


This issue is not comic book but rather a collection of gag cartoons with a few 'girlie' pics as they were known in the day. Here's a sample two-page spread:


There are also two single-page text pieces which I assume are included for the issue to qualify as a certain type of periodical for distribution or other arcane reasons - someone more knowledgeable on these matters can chime in and educate me.

The 56 pages in this issue contain a vast variety of artists, and some of them have quite an attractive style, but I know little about them, and I haven't gone down that particular rabbit hole with the few samples of copies like this issue which I own. I see many of them in my rounds but I only pick up copies with covers by Chatto. 

Having said that, if this wasn't by Chatto I think I might have been interested in it for the references to the classic adult Australian tv shows Number 96 and The Box, and presumably a reference to Never on Sunday.

I have a few more such issues to present in future posts.

No comments: