Saturday, March 28, 2020

Werewolf by Night: The complete Yaffa cover gallery


Here's a cover gallery of my complete run of Page Publications' Werewolf By Night:

Werewolf by Night #1, c.late 1977 

Werewolf by Night #2, c.January 1978

Werewolf by Night #3, c.March 1978 

 Werewolf by Night #4, c.November 1979 

 Werewolf by Night #5, c.June 1980

Werewolf by Night #6, c.November 1980

 Werewolf by Night #7, c.June 1981

 Werewolf by Night #8, c.late 1981 

 Werewolf by Night #9, c.January 1982 

 Werewolf by Night #NN, c.April 1982

The first four issues are regular-sized, and the rest are digest-sized - #'s 8 and 9 are 'tall' digests.

The dates attributed above are based on the smattering of information available. I'll amend as more information comes to hand.

The final unnumbered issue is a digest-sized reprint of the first issue. I assume this is c.April 1982 and not c.April 1983 - if it's the latter, then there may be a Werewolf by Night #10, but I doubt it.

At least one retitled edition was published: The Werewolf Monster is a digest-sized reprint of Werewolf By Night #2. There may be more to be unearthed.

Some of the issues are linked to indexed entries. I'll get around to the rest eventually and update the links.

I might add that this has proven to be one of the more difficult of Yaffa's Marvel series to complete. If you want a full set I suggest you snap up any copy you find and don't worry about the grade. My $0.02.

Update 18 May 2021: Werewolf By Night #3 was recycled as the digest-sized Savage Beastman.

1 comment:

Dr Robert Ian Holmes (aka 1000Frolly) said...

This is great information. It's the last one I have, which is the digest-sized 1982 reprint! Thanks so much.