Monday, March 2, 2020

Newtonalia: The Planet of the Apes Sunday Observer Special [#2]


Over 10 years ago I posted scans of my copy of The Planet of the Apes Sunday Observer Special.

I now have a copy of The Planet of the Apes Sunday Observer Special [#2]:











This edition is titled Sunday Observer Apes on the inner pages, and is dated 15 June 1975.


Needless to say, the pamphlets are extremely scarce. They are not even found in the Sunday Observer collections in the State Library of Victoria nor the National Library in Canberra. 

Many years ago I received a phone call out of the blue offering me multiple copies of this edition. Nothing came of it, and I'm not aware of those copies appearing in the marketplace - if indeed they ever existed. 

This copy fell into my hands due to the intervention of Robert Thomas Esq. who is, of course, the king of Newtonalia and all things Ape, and my go-to guy whenever I need to check anything related to Newton Comics. Much obliged, squire!

4 comments:

Robert Thomas said...

So great to see a fellow collector find that personal Holy Grail! Awesome to see it up on your blog in clear high quality scans. Nothing beats owning that little piece of collector treasure

Unknown said...

That is so cool. I have the ad from the Sunday Observer. I am desperately looking for NN 18 to complete my collection.

Unknown said...

Hi I bought what I thought was just a clipping for that pamphlet. Based on your scans I have just opened the bag and ot is the pamphlet less the back cover. Wow I am stunned Jason

spiros xenos said...

Good stuff, Jason - you've scored yourself a rarity, even if it is incomplete.