Monday, August 3, 2009

The Murray Romance Annual Series: Love 1974 and 1979




Following on from a previous entry on K.G. Murray's series of Romance Annuals, here are the covers to the 1974 and 1979 instalments, courtesy of a small haul of romance comics snagged over the weekend.

This series takes its cue (title and masthead) from the Super DC Giant series even as cover images are drawn from Charlton comics...

The 1979 issue is also part of the Planet Series titles.

Presumably there were Love Annual instalments for 1976 and 1978 - TBC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Spiros, I do have a question as I lok at the cool Aussie romance covers. Were any of the Marvel romance comics from the '70s ever reprinted in Oz? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

spiros xenos said...

Yes, there were Marvel reprints. For example, Yaffa published a local edition of Marvel's My Love -the cover of Yaffa's My Love #1 is the same cover as Marvel's My Love #3.