Wednesday, December 25, 2019

My Love #1: The Yaffa edition


This is the cover to Page Publications' My Love #1:


It originally appeared on the cover of Marvel Comics' My Love #3:


The contents are as follows:

A Boy, A Girl, and My Broken Heart!, originally published in My Love #1, September 1969 
Must I Live Without Love?, originally published in My Love #1, September 1969 
I Dream of Romance!, originally published in My Love #1, September 1969 
Jilted!, originally published in My Love #2, November 1969 
He Doesn't Know I Love Him!, originally published in My Love #2, November 1969 
I Do My Thing--No Matter Whom It Hurts!, originally published in My Love #2, November 1969 
Love Isn't In The Cards for Me!, originally published in My Love #3, January 1970 
The Man I Must Not Love!, originally published in My Love #3, January 1970 
The Drop-Out and the Debutante!, originally published in My Love #3, January 1970 

This issue also includes black and white reproductions of the relevant Marvel covers sans trade dress:



As per Our Love Story #1, My Love #1 is effectively a trade paperback collection of the first three issues of the Marvel series.

This is the only issue in the series that I have seen. 

I can confirm some of the stories in this issue were previously published in Australia by K.G. Murray.

Dating this issue is difficult inasmuch as it is $1.00 cover-priced Yaffa. It does not conform to the profile for ongoing series which began in 1977 with a $0.50 cover price and ended a few years later with $1.10 regular cover price issues or $0.75 digest-sized issues, and there is no indicia date. At this stage my best guess is this from mid-1981, but this is open to revision.

No comments: