Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Our Love Story #1: The Yaffa edition


This is the cover to Page Publications' Our Love Story #1:


It originally appeared on the cover of Marvel Comics' Our Love Story #2:


The contents are as follows:

Why Did I Lose You, My Love?, originally published in Our Love Story #1, October 1969
--But Oh, My Lonely Nights!, originally published in Our Love Story #1, October 1969
We Dare Not Marry!, originally published in Our Love Story #1, October 1969
I Love Him--But He's Hers!, originally published in Our Love Story #2, December 1969
We'll Never Meet Again!, originally published in Our Love Story #2, December 1969
I Can't Forget You!, originally published in Our Love Story #2, December 1969
But How Can I Love A Square?, originally published in Our Love Story #3, February 1970
Only One Can Win!, originally published in Our Love Story #3, February 1970
The Hurt And The Heartbreak!, originally published in Our Love Story #3, February 1970

This issue also contains black and white reprints of the relevant Marvel covers sans trade dress:  



Yaffa's Our Love Story #1 is effectively a trade paperback collection of the first three issues of the Marvel series

I have not seen any other issues in this series. As this is #1, presumably there were more issues expected, and it is also possible a previous edition of this issue was published, but again, not that I've seen.

Nor have I seen many copies of this issue in collector's circles. If you spot a copy it's worth picking up for the Romita, Buscema and Colan goodness in black and white.

Many - possibly all - of these stories were previously published in Australia in various K.G. Murray comics.

I believe this issue was published c.June 1982.

No comments: